Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tom Brady on Aaron Hernandez: ‘I have moved on’


The Patriots quarterback speaks about his former tight end for the first time.
(USA TODAY Sports)
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady spoke about Aaron Hernandez for the first time since the former Patriots tight end’s arrest in June, telling Sports Illustrated‘s Peter King that he won’t allow Hernandez to distract him from winning games. Brady and Hernandez played together for three seasons in New England, but Brady is “putting aside personal agendas” to focus on the season at hand.
Via MMQB:
I’ve seen a lot of things over 13 years, and what I have learned is that mental toughness and putting aside personal agendas for what’s in the best interest of the team matters most. My job is to play quarterback, and I’m going to do that the best way I know how, because I owe that to my teammates regardless of who is out there on the field with me. I have moved on. I’m focusing on the great teammates I have who are committed to helping us win games. The only thing I care about is winning. Nothing is going to ever get in the way of that goal. I’m just excited to report to camp and see what we can accomplish as a team. The fate of our season will be determined by the players in our locker room — nothing else.
It’s almost as if these moments never happened.
hern1

hern2

No comments:

Post a Comment